The Colington Harbour soundfront park is located on a peninsula next to the Clubhouse and swimming pool. Surrounded by the marina on the South and by Roanoke Sound / Albemarle Bay on the North , the park features acres of sandy beaches, picnic areas shaded by live oaks, and tot lot equipment for children.
On the soundfront beach, a swim area designated with bouys and ropes offers a perfect summer retreat for the whole family. With gently-sloping water depths and (normally) only light wave action, the park beach usually presents an easier alternative for parents watching over younger swimmers.
Other amenities in the park include a large picnic shelter, bulkhead areas perfect for crabbing and fishing, and a fish cleaning staion. The picnic shelter may be rented by (or sponsored by) a Colington Harbour Association member, upon completion of an application, payment of fee, and approval of the Association.
- The park facilities are open from dawn to dusk daily.
- No alcoholic beverages may be sold in the park.
- No GLASS bottles, containers, etc. are allowed in the park.
- Playing of live or recorded music is discouraged since sound carries strongly over the water. If music is necessary, it must be kept LOW and cease no later that 9:00 PM.
- No fireworks, firearms, or open fires are allowed in the park.
- No dogs are allowed in the park.
- No profanity, fighting or abusing the park with multiple vehicles.
Sign-up for Colington Harbour Association eNewsletter
Colington Harbour Association Downloads
Colington Harbour Assocation
- 1000 Colington Drive Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- (252) 441-5886