Welcome to Colington Harbour!
COLINGTON HARBOUR ANNOUNCEMENTS
Check ‘Recent Posts’ block below for more CHA news/announcements
– Results of the 2019 CHA Board of Directors Election
John Collins – 306; Neil Schaming – 302; Dolores Kutzer – 184. Congratulations to John and Neil and a big thank you to Dolores for showing an interest in our Community. Please continue to do so.
– Spring/Summer maintenance yard hours begin April 2, 2019 – Yard open Tuesdays, 11 am – 2 pm and Saturdays, 9 am – 2 pm
– South jetty of the Colington Harbour inlet has been repaired. The closure of the 5’+ break in the jetty, caused by storms, will assist with the ‘scouring affect’ to help keep the inlet clear.
– We have removed the heliport at the marina to allow for 25 additional parking spaces. The Colington site was marked as a safe place to land, however Colington was not a FAA certificated heliport site. Only 2 exist on the NC FAA site, for areas around Colington, as noted below. Also, there are existing landing sites in Hatteras, Ocracoke and Rodanthe.
Outer Banks Hospital Heliport, Nags Head, North Carolina
First Flight Airport, Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
Boat Slips Available
There are currently 3 boat slips available to lease in the harbor. Slips E4 & E6, each 10′ x 24′. Boat slip W6 is 11′ x 24′. If you are interested in renting one of the slips, contact the office at 252-441-5886 or email@example.com
Click here to visit the Colington Harbour Marketplace – A new (and free) Service for Harbour residents!
Spring Is Just Around The Corner!
At least that’s how the saying goes. With spring around the corner, it’s time for cleaning out your cabinets, closets, and storage areas. Don’t just throw the items away – list them on the CHA Marketplace. It’s easy and FREE!
Click on the sentence above to begin.
A place for CHA members (lot owner(s) to advertise items for sale, items wanted, services offered or services needed. Unlike many other sites, this site will be monitored and all ads will be screened prior to being listed.
2019 SCHEDULE OF CHA BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETINGS (All meetings are held at the CH Clubhouse)January February 1/8 @ 9 am 2/12 @ 9 am 1/15 @ 7 pm March April 3/12 @ 9 am 4/9 @ 9 am 3/19 @ 7 pm 4/13 @ 10 am (Saturday, Annual Mtg.) May June 5/14 @ 9 am 6/11 @ 9 am 5/21 @ 7 pm July August 7/9 @ 9 am 8/13 @ 9 am 7/16 @ 7 pm September October 9/10 @ 9 am 10/8 @ 9 am 9/17 @ 7 pm November December 11/12 @ 9 am 12/10 @ 9 am 11/19 @ 7 pm
Colington Harbour is a private gated subdivision situated in the heart of the Outer Banks. With over 2,400 lots, the “Harbour” is also the largest, and serves as home to a thriving boating community featuring miles of canals and scenic sound front homes along the beautiful Albemarle Sound.
Originally developed as a mix of retirement and vacation cottages, the Harbour has grown into the permanent residence for thousands of families and children galore. The deep water canals, ideal location, and friendly faces of our residents have made our community one of the premier destinations along the Atlantic coast.
Amenities within our neighborhood include a huge sound side park with sandy beaches, a playground, and sheltered picnic areas, a basketball court, as well as a kayak rack, boat launch and boat slips for rent. For a nominal fee, residents may also join the Yacht and Racket Club, which allows use of the two outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, and community clubhouse.
As a reminder, throughout the year, please always abide by the Parks’s rules.
Sign-up for Colington Harbour Association eNewsletter
- Colington Harbour Yacht & Racquet Club Announcements
- Colington Yacht Club – Youth Sailing Program
- Colington Yacht Club – Spring Cleaning For Our Canals
- REMINDER: Next CHA Board Meeting
- REMINDER – Colington Harbour Association Receiving Assistance In Monitoring The Gate Entrance, Etc.
- Writers Needed For Harbour Headlines