Welcome to Colington Harbour!
COLINGTON HARBOUR ANNOUNCEMENTS
Check ‘Recent Posts’ block below for more CHA news/announcements
CHA Job Posting – Part Time Administrative Assistant Position
Responsible for greeting owners, and performing office duties as required. This position reports to the Property Manger and offers support services to other staff and Board of Directors. Qualifications: High School Diploma. In addition:
• Exceptional communication skills and the ability to interact with a wide range of people.
• Attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
• Computer skills a must, positive attitude and team-oriented approach.
• Knowledge of office practices and procedures
• Past Experience in clerical or secretarial work.
CHA Job Posting – Maintenance Technician
This is a year round full time position reporting directly to the Maintenance Supervisor. The Maintenance team will work together to perform various tasks/projects to include, but not limited to:
• Maintenance and necessary repairs to all Colington Harbour Association owned facilities and equipment
• Roadway repairs
• Cleanup of grounds and buildings
• Lawn maintenance
• Maintenance of front entrance, common properties and right of ways
Knowledge and Skills:
• General knowledge for repairs, indoor and outdoor
• Use of various mechanical equipment (tractor, lawn mowers, tools, electrical machinery)
• Construction experience
• General knowledge of plumbing and electrical repairs
• Safety procedures and practices
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must display a professional and courteous attitude when dealing with residents
Boating season is into full swing. Please remember that our canals and inlet are ‘No Wake’ zones. The inlet zone begins and ends at the outer markers. Help us to preserve the integrity of the north and south jetties by limiting your wake. Thanks!
Help Beautify The Harbour
We are looking for a few volunteers to help beautify our common areas inside the harbour by the gate and marina!
If you would like to help organize a committee of volunteers to plan, create and maintain these areas please contact the office at 252-441-5886 (or respond to this email) so that we can gather the names and set a day for planting.
The association will provide the plants, mulch and landscaping tools needed. We just need a team to make it happen!
Extended Hours for CHA Office
– Effective Saturday, May 25th, the CHA Office will be open on Saturdays from 9:00 am – 12:00 noon. Saturday hours will continue until the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, August 31st. The Saturday openings are in addition to the regular weekly hours.
– South jetty of the Colington Harbour inlet has been repaired. The closure of the 5’+ break in the jetty, caused by storms, will assist with the ‘scouring affect’ to help keep the inlet clear.
Boat Slip Available
There is currently 1 boat slip available to lease in the harbor. Slip E4 is 10′ x 24′. If you are interested in renting this slip, contact the office at 252-441-5886 or email@example.com
Click here to visit the Colington Harbour Marketplace – A new (and free) Service for Harbour residents!
Spring Is Just Around The Corner!
At least that’s how the saying goes. With spring around the corner, it’s time for cleaning out your cabinets, closets, and storage areas. Don’t just throw the items away – list them on the CHA Marketplace. It’s easy and FREE!
Click on the sentence above to begin.
A place for CHA members (lot owner(s) to advertise items for sale, items wanted, services offered or services needed. Unlike many other sites, this site will be monitored and all ads will be screened prior to being listed.
2019 SCHEDULE OF CHA BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETINGS (All meetings are held at the CH Clubhouse)January February 1/8 @ 9 am 2/12 @ 9 am 1/15 @ 7 pm March April 3/12 @ 9 am 4/9 @ 9 am 3/19 @ 7 pm 4/13 @ 10 am (Saturday, Annual Mtg.) May June 5/14 @ 9 am 6/11 @ 9 am 5/21 @ 7 pm July August 7/9 @ 9 am 8/13 @ 9 am 7/16 @ 7 pm September October 9/10 @ 9 am 10/8 @ 9 am 9/17 @ 7 pm November December 11/12 @ 9 am 12/10 @ 9 am 11/19 @ 7 pm
Colington Harbour is a private gated subdivision situated in the heart of the Outer Banks. With over 2,400 lots, the “Harbour” is also the largest, and serves as home to a thriving boating community featuring miles of canals and scenic sound front homes along the beautiful Albemarle Sound.
Originally developed as a mix of retirement and vacation cottages, the Harbour has grown into the permanent residence for thousands of families and children galore. The deep water canals, ideal location, and friendly faces of our residents have made our community one of the premier destinations along the Atlantic coast.
Amenities within our neighborhood include a huge sound side park with sandy beaches, a playground, and sheltered picnic areas, a basketball court, as well as a kayak rack, boat launch and boat slips for rent. For a nominal fee, residents may also join the Yacht and Racket Club, which allows use of the two outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, and community clubhouse.
As a reminder, throughout the year, please always abide by the Parks’s rules.